Five years earlier, though, they'd done something a bit more interesting, though it fared worse on the charts. "We've Got to Get It On Again" is, as its title suggests, a plea for reconciliation. One with nice enough harmonies, and undoubtedly the only use of "penetrating" in a Top 40 charter. What I'd never noticed, though, until hearing it this weekend on a rebroadcast of a Casey Kasem American Top 40 countdown from this week in 1972, was that the song's chart presence came roughly nine months before Pop Argot's arrival on the scene. In other words, this was part of the soundtrack when I was but a twinkle in my daddy's pants. Interesting, and discomforting, circumstances for conception. I'll stick with "Nanny" and "Never My Love."
Protected: Interview with Peter Zinovieff of EMS
7 years ago

1 comment:
"imperial chestnut"
Is that good or bad? It seems good, in context of the whole post. I myself like "Never My Love." Much better than "Cherish."
I quite like the phrase. It has a ring to it.
-D*
Post a Comment