Can't say I'm won over by this cloying retread of girl-group anthems (and the video uploader makes a point by interjecting a brief clip of the Dixie Cups' "Chapel of Love" in the middle). And I'm rarely won over by the sentiment of "marry me if you want to fuck me," especially when Beyonce's inadvertently turned such a message into such cruel irony as "Put a Ring On It" blasts out of gay clubs. But for those of you who are into "One Kiss Can Lead to Another" girl-group goodness, here's three minutes of playfulness (with an ex-Angel, as in "My Boyfriend's Back," on lead vox): "I Hear Those Church Bells Ringing."
Protected: Interview with Peter Zinovieff of EMS
7 years ago

2 comments:
Glad you found it worthy of a link! And you have to realize that 1971 was a bit ahead-of-the-curve for early-'60s nostalgia; the orig off-B'way production of Grease was a year away and American Graffitti 2 years off. Has Barry Scott ever played this one? Certainly one of my favorite Lost 45s. "Listen, honey!"
TANC: I just heard (on WLNG) Frankie Avalon's "Every Girl Should Get Married" -- new to me, and it makes the Dusk tune sound like a feminist anthem by comparison! Yeesh!
Post a Comment