
It was inevitable that I'd go Irish today. So if you haven't had your fill of
green shakes,
green Sno Balls,
green beer, and
green people overindulging in some or all of the above, here's an Irish band that got together in Canada and spaced its two hits 13 years apart. My friend Mike prefers their traditional-style 1968 novelty Top 10 hit
"The Unicorn," but I'd like to highlight the Irish Rovers' minor 1981 charter
"Wasn't That a Party." It's driving, yet a bit repetitive - but then, so is drinking on St. Pat's.
And speaking of my friend Mike, he'll be occupying this space tomorrow as my first guest blog of 2010. He'll be providing a musical history lesson that I think you'll really like.
1 comment:
Worth noting that the song was written by the great folk/protest singer Tom Paxton. Paxton was a prog-FM staple back in the day; now he's hardly ever heard or mentioned. So I just did.
Post a Comment